Rebuild of Kernel to burn DVD failed

Kayven Riese kayvey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:36:14 PDT 2009

I was trying to burn a DVD

KV_BSD# growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/acd0 -J -R disk1
:-( unable to CAMGETPASSTHRU for /dev/acd0: Inappropriate ioctl for device
KV_BSD#

I have had this problem before, but since then I believe I have a new HD
that runs

KV_BSD% uname -a
FreeBSD KV_BSD 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Tue Mar 24 20:09:28 PDT
2009     root at KV_BSD:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/KAYVE_KERN  i386
KV_BSD%

The fact that I am running KAYVE_KERN now is slightly confusing to me
because I thought the build failed.  I am attaching a file
called "makesplat.log" which is my personal convention for a typescript that
records everything spit (splatted) out by the make command.

My laptop is an ASUS M6800N

http://www.monkeyview.net/id/965/fsck/dmesg/PB12001901.vhtml

here is the dmesg for the DVD burner

KV_BSD# dmesg | grep DVD
acd0: DVDR <TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-L532A/TC51> at ata1-master UDMA33
cd0: <TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532A TC51> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
KV_BSD#

 Kayven Riese, BSCS,
                     MS  (Physiology and Biophysics)
 (415) 902 5513 cellular