installing freebsd on windows

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:00:48 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Leslie Jensen <leslie at eskk.nu> wrote:
> For testing purposes I've used Suns VirtualBox under Windows, it runs under
> Linux as well. (Free)BSD installs well and it can give you a first
> impression on how it works. There are some settings that you must keep in
> mind, disk size can't be dynamic. You can use the VirtualBox forums for more
> information.
> /Leslie

VirtualBox is really great for no-hassles virtualisation for newbies.
I rely on it too. But, I haven't had a good experience with FreeBSD
7.0 on VirtualBox, too many kernel panics. And it's not just me there
are lots of people who have had the same problem with no evident
solution.
I am not discouraging this solution but informing of a problem that I
have faced. If there's a work around for that, I'd be happy to try it
myself.

--

Am I SHOPLIFTING?