issues in XFCE 4.6 (looking for a working WM)

Keith Seyffarth weif at weif.net
Sun Mar 22 08:39:09 PDT 2009

<snip>

> xfce-4.6 is running here on a couple of machines, with none of those
> problems.  Those actually sound more like xorg problems.

I don't think it's XORG for a couple of reasons:

* when I first updated xfce, it didn't update xorg, and it was all
  working fine under xfce4 4.4
* problems don't seem to exist under fluxbox or twm

> > and a couple minor ones:
> >
> > * XFCE menu doesn't work
>
> Which one?  In what way?  I miss the menu editor...

The main menu off of the panel, which has a default icon of the rodent
over a blue X. By doesn't work, I mean when you click on it nothing
happens.

<snip>

> portdowngrade and some work can probably do it.  If your problems are
> really xorg related, changing window manager won't help.

Looked into portdowngrade, and I may look into that further at some
point. At this point, fluxbox seems to be pretty cool, and seems to be
working.

Keith