cvsup TreeList failed connection timed out

Troy troy at twisted.net
Sun Mar 15 20:32:46 PDT 2009

I'm having a problem with cvsup and it just started happening. I have
other servers on the same LAN that are having no problem connecting to the
very same servers.  I found other people that had this problem by
searching but nothing gave a definitive answer on how to solve this.  I
tried to rebuild cvsup from source again and it build just fine but the
problem still exists.  I turned on tcpdump and there is nothing that
stands out why this is happening other than a clear timeout.

Thoughts on how to troubleshoot this problem?

-Troy

Parsing supfile "/etc/cvsupfile"
Connecting to cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection src-all/cvs
TreeList failed: Network write failure: Connection timed out
Will retry at 22:34:40
^C