issues in XFCE 4.6

Keith Seyffarth weif at weif.net
Fri Mar 13 16:37:55 PDT 2009

<snip>

> Well, this leads me to believe you don't have an .xinitrc file in the
> new user's home directory
>
> Create an ~/.xinitrc with
>
> exec startxfce4

OK, did that.

> as the only content and try again.

The panel is there (and displayed icons on the desktop,
weird). However, the menu doesn't work for that user either.

<snip>

> Just completed the upgrade on the second one. This is running 7-STABLE

I'm running 6.

> amd64. I used the  pkg_rmleaves method and removed xfce4.4 and its leaf

I'll try installing that from the port and removing again.

> ports.  Compiling completed without problems. On first start some icons
> were indeed missing, but where fixed as soon as I selected the tango
> theme. I can send you a complete list of the ports that were built if
> you wish, but I think there is probably something else that's wrong in
> your installation.

How did you install?

I've tried portupgrade -R after deleting the specified packages), then
deleting XFCE4 manually when that didn't work to install and left X
crashing

and then used make clean install

then after manually deleting everything this morning I used
portinstall -R

making from the port directory and using portinstall seem to have
gotten me to the same place...

Keith