FBSD 7.1-STABLE: pkg_delete: segmentation fault

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 9 03:46:38 PDT 2009

Hello Everybody,
Since several days ago I get a segmentation fault on a FreeBSD
7.1-STABLE/AMD64 box when invoking 'pkg_delete' on installed packages to
delete them. This box has been most recently 'built-world' and I did a
'make delete-files' and sibblings as a precaution - but I still get this
error.
I suspect a DB47 issue (if this is possoble, but I don't know). How can
the database be repaired without loosing informations about the
installed packages and is this shown degmentation-fault issue a well
known issue?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver