roundcube security bug

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 00:37:01 PDT 2009

hello,

I strongly advise anyone who has the mail/roundcube port or software
installed to be careful as it has a security bug (and I do not know
where to report it). It allows people to remotely place a trojan on
/tmp and use it. They do it like this:

213.96.25.30 - - [05/Mar/2009:19:22:14 +0100] "POST
/roundcube/bin/html2text.php HTTP/1.0" 406
and as a result a non-empty directory /tmp/guestbook.ntr/ is created
and a file /tmp/guestbook.php

This html2text.php file has been used by an attacker on my system (at
least I think so). I have removed the port and since then I have had
no trouble, although they have been scanning for this file as I can
read in the logs.

Yours,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot