Port of perl 5.10

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sun Mar 1 06:52:47 PST 2009

Valerio Daelli writes:

>  is there anyone working on a port of perl5.10?
>  I can only see ports of 5.8 and 5.6.
>  I can make a port of 5.10, it seems to compile flawlessly on
>  FreeBSD 7.

	_Many_ ports depend on perl, and each must be tested (and
if broken hopefully fixed) before such an ungrade happens.  I
believe the recent jump from 5.8.8 to 5.8.9 took weeks of
behind-the-scenes work.  Now imagine what moving to 5.10 will likely
involve ....
	Experienced help is always appreciated, and I commend the
20090113 entry of ports/UPDATING as having a contact point.

				Robert Huff