seti@home

Stefan Miklosovic miklosovic.freebsd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:40:54 UTC 2009

hi all,

I would like to install seti at home client to my machine,
There are tutorials on internet how to install it, but it is all
about package called simply "setiathome". I dont see
such package in a port tree. I was searching for similar
one, it seems I found it :

/usr/ports/astro/boinc-setiathome-enhanced

If i go to install it, it is about instaling ~30 ports as well,
most of them is xorg related.

I do not want to install these X related packages at all.
It seems futile to having written "WITHOUT_X11=yes" in
/etc/make.conf.

Could I have seti at home client without X packages?

thank you