libtool shared

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Sun Jun 28 22:14:18 UTC 2009

On Sunday 28 June 2009 12:40:24 alexus wrote:

> company policy not too use ports, any other suggestions?

Understand GNU autotools in detail, the patches for it in the respective
ports, how to read config.log and whether all this is worth compliance to
company policy.
Note: the above requires at least two weeks of non-productive self-education
on the boss' clock, judging from the fact you post configure output, rather
then config.log snippets (without being judgmental or condescending: it shows
you are just starting with the GNU autotools experience). Recently
Giorgos posted a nice summary of what you'd need to learn [1].

Of course, I'm presuming installing/maintaining software is something that
belongs to your daily tasks. If you only need to fix this specific problem,
we would need output from config.log around the lines where it says it can't
build shared libs.

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?db=mid&id=87hbyk6h02.fsf@kobe.laptop
--
Mel