Firefox crashes on yahoo.com

Manish Jain invalid.pointer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 08:01:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

This seems to be a strange problem with Firefox which I never
encountered on my old system. Both Firefox2 and Firefox3 work well the
other sites I have tried accessing, but crash on navigating to www.yahoo.com

> /usr/home/emmjanex # firefox3 http://www.yahoo.com &
> [1] 2668
> /usr/home/emmjanex # NP_Initialize
> New
> SetWindow
> SetWindow
> NewStream
> WriteReady
> Write
> decoding...
> The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)'.
>   (Details: serial 31 error_code 17 request_code 140 minor_code 5)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
>
> [1]+  Exit 1                  firefox3 http://www.yahoo.com

There is nothing relevant to the crash in Xorg.0.log or console.log

--
Regards
Manish Jain
invalid.pointer at gmail.com
+91-96500-10329

Laast year I kudn't spell Software Engineer. Now I are won.