The question of moving vi to /bin

Erich Dollansky erich at apsara.com.sg
Fri Jun 26 00:24:15 UTC 2009

Ho,

On 26 June 2009 am 04:32:31 Erik Osterholm wrote:

> > isn't there ee in the base system?
>
> ee is in /usr/bin, just like vi.

my mistake.

To be honest, I never have had a problem with /usr since disks are
large enough to have all on only one. Of course, those days, when
it was two or more disks in a system and /usr died, it could have
helped.

> > It would be even better to have an editor like joe in /bin
> > than anything like vi.
>
> Certainly.

Ok, then let us support joe.

But isn't there emacs in the ports too?

Erich

> Erik

PS: according to the spelling, you originate from further north
than me