problem upgrading ports : something wrong with cups ?

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 12:43:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:12:28 +0100
Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:59:42AM +0200, kenneth hatteland wrote:
> > There is no listed origin in this either. I am not sure what this
> > means ;(
> >
> > kenneth
> >
> > [root at phobos /usr/ports/print/cups-base]# pkg_info -xo cups
> > Information for cups-base-1.3.10_2:
> >
> > Origin:
> >

> I'd try to
>
> 1. portmaster --force-config cups-base
>
> or failing that
>
> 2.	cd /usr/ports/print/cups-base
> 	make deinstall
> 	make distclean
> 	make install
>
> see how this goes. If you get errors, post the logs here, this might
> help.
>
> And remind us what is your platform.

You could try:

pkg_delete -dfv cups*

Then install using the cups meta port:

Port:	cups-1.3.10
Path:	/usr/ports/print/cups
Info:	Common UNIX Printing System: Metaport to install complete system

Personally, I would use: "portmanager print/cups -l"

Be sure to update your ports tree prior to reinstalling anything.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

A pound of salt will not sweeten a single cup of tea.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

FORTUNE'S FUN FACTS TO KNOW AND TELL: #14

According to Kentucky state law, every person must take a bath
at least once a year.