fortran in AMD64 FreeBSD-7.2-RELEASE

Jason Barnes jason.w.barnes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:10:31 UTC 2009

        I have recently migrated to FreeBSD 7.  In doing so I realized
that g77 is no longer provided with the OS (no jokes about Fortran
use, plz ;) this is legacy code).  The online resources that I've
found suggest installing the "gfortran" port, however I don't see one
in my ports tree for 7.2-RELEASE.  I'd use ifc but that's marked as
i386 only and I'm on an AMD64 box.
        How do I get g77 running on FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE?  Thanks in
advance for any help that you can provide with my conundrum . . .

                        - Jason