FreeBSD 7.2 Intel i915 / Xorg issue

Jimmie James jimmiejaz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 23:09:48 UTC 2009

>Hi, I've seen several posts with similar issues, but none of them have
>helped me resolve my own.  I am using 7.2-RELEASE on my laptop with an
>Intel i915 graphics card.  My problem is that Xorg refuses to start
>(most of the time) and posts an error in the log:
>    drmDropMaster failed: Unknown Error -1

>I have gotten X to start on occasion, but I've never been able to get
>fluxbox to start.  The command "Xorg -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf -retro"
>always works correctly.

>xorg.conf:     http://pastebin.com/f44c3bfa1
>Xorg.0.log:    http://pastebin.com/f22d7e99c
>dmesg output:  http://pastebin.com/f7d02e787

>Any help would be very much appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Shawn

I have the 82915G/GV/GL, 82910GL card.
http://pastebin.com/mc88b390
My xorg.conf grep'd dmesg, Xorg log and full Xorg.log file.

Have you tried running X without a conf file?  The newest server doesn't
need one, it "should" autodetect everything.

HTH.

--
Over the years I've come to regard you as people I've met.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other, and when I am