self-serving redeux/revisited, and more questions?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Jun 21 18:53:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 08:12:12AM +0200, Polytropon wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 22:52:39 -0700, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> > i'll explain
> > later, but if i can use a lightweight computer that has audio with the
> > kde apps, i can create a reasonably priced tts or speech synthesizer that
> > would be accessible to a great many people.  instead of the $8-9 kilobuck
> > windose devs.
>
> "Lightweight computer" and "KDE apps"? You must be joking. :-)

	sorry.  that's the trouble with english.  weight as in
	mass, not power.  if they've got something with the "Hz-horsepower"
	that is something cheap/inexpensve, and WITH KYBD, and small
	screen, *if*, then if it runs freebsd, yo! i'm go for that
	puppy.

	the app the speech therapist showed me was a heavy (like > 2Kg)
	clumsy, touchscreen dud that used some kind of M$ opsys.  if i
	can roll my own with bsd that ought to make headlines.
	a few hundred bux compared to $8,000: whoa:-)

	gary

       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php
    The 4.98a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php