Audio

Jeff Molofee nehe at telus.net
Sun Jun 21 04:00:21 UTC 2009

Just wondering what changed with the sound on BSD? My system way back in
the 4.x days sounded not too bad... good bass, etc.

After dropping my audio cards for on board audio (intel hda) I noticed
the sound was really BAD... tin can, bad separation, no bass at all.

Some time this past week, my audio went from sounding like crap to
absolutely phenomenal!!! My sub works again, audio is coming out of the
center channel, left and right speakers are not putting out ALL of the
sound.

Is it just me? Did I miss a notice about upgrades to the sound drivers?
Whatever it is... AMAZING!!!