gmplayer cannot show video in xfce4

Carmel NY carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:56:30 UTC 2009

When I start mplayer (gmplayer) from within xfce4 and attempt to play a
video, I receive an error message. The audio portion works fine however.

The screen-shot of the error message is viewable here:

	http://imagebin.ca/view/OdMEXlY.html

What is strange is that the video was working until I modified the
PolicyKit.conf file. This is the modification I added. I substituted
'me' for the actual users name.

<match action="org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable">
  <match user="me">
    <return result="yes"/>
  </match>
</match>

<match action="org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-fixed">
  <match user="me">
    <return result="yes"/>
  </match>
</match>

<match user="me">
    <return result="yes"/>
</match>

If I remove the modifications, I cannot mount a CD. Is there something
else I should be or not be doing here?

--
Carmel