Automated Production of Web Pages

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Jun 18 11:55:49 UTC 2009

I have been asked to come up with an automated way of producing
web pages. Specifically, this is for mrtg but it really doesn't
matter. The idea is that there are many pages which are
identical except for different names and a couple of other items
such as whether the page represents a system that is actively
being polled or was being polled at one time but is now here for
archival purposes, that sort of thing.

	This needs to be some sort of script application so we
can feed it automatically and not have to manually build each
page.

	Is there any open-source platform which makes this
especially quick and easy? Of course, as one who likes to script
repetitive tasks, I can attest to the fact that that first
script is murder at times but the time you spent building it is
payed back the next time when it runs automatically at 3 A.M.
and only took 15 seconds to run. That's why I love Unix.

	So, are there php-based or other packages that help
automate this process?

	Many thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer