bannerfiltering

Dave dave.mehler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 14:54:23 UTC 2009

Hello,
	I've got a freebsd 7.2 machine that i need to use for banner
filtering, addzapping and filtering out all the junk that comes along with
adds windows viruses trojans things like that before they can get to my
internal clients. Previously i used squid and dansguardian but found that
slowed things down to a crawl and at times was to restrictive at times not
restrictive enough. I've also tried squidguard but that didn't meet my needs
either, it didn't seem to be being maintained.
	In the interim i was looking for a hosts file i can use on servers
and clients to redirect requests to add sites to nowhere.
Any solutions appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.