Problem authenticating with sasl in jail

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Wed Jun 17 11:44:03 UTC 2009

Hi:

I am migrating my imap server to a jail, I got the jail up and
cyrus-imapd starts. I have copied configuration files from the current
server, cyrus.conf, imapd.conf and passwd and group files. saslauthd is
running, yet when I try to login I get the error:

IMAP Password:
               Login failed: generic failure at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/mach/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 120
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus

in /var/log/messages

Jun 17 13:40:04 jail perl: No worthy mechs found

in imap log file:

Jun 17 13:40:07 jail imap[2280]: badlogin: jail.example.com [172.16.0.2]
plaintext cyrus at example.com SASL(-1): generic failure: checkpass failed

jails hostname is jail (maybe not the best choice). I'm using FBSD 7.2
for both host and jail system, jail installed with packages:

cyrus-imapd-2.3.14_1
cyrus-sasl-2.1.23
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.23

Thanks, Erik