Announcing: FreeBSD Custom XFCE ISO (take II) - Openoffice packages

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 07:02:51 UTC 2009

Chris Whitehouse wrote:

> I would vote for including openoffice, it takes much longer to compile
> than to download, or maybe make the package and any dependencies that
> are not already included available as a separate tarball.

I've implemented this neat idea, the tarball is here:

http://freebsd.dev-urandom.com/iso/i386/xfce-desktop/openoffice.tar.gz

Instructions:

http://freebsd.dev-urandom.com/iso/i386/xfce-desktop/README.openoffice

As a matter of fact, I noticed only the main openoffice package is
needed - every other run dependency is already present in the XFCE iso.
The few other packages in the tarball are build dependencies.