Unable to start clamsmtpd

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 23:32:48 UTC 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:55:03 +0300
Ott Köstner <ottk at zzz.ee> wrote:

>On Sunday 14 June 2009 10:46:01 pm Jerry wrote:
>
>> I had:
>>
>> ClamAddress: /var/run/clamav/clamd
>>
>> in my config file. I changed the clamd to clamd.sock but it did not
>> make a difference.
>>
>> The clamd.pin, clamd.sock= and freshclam.pid files are in
>> the /var/run/clamav directory.
>>
>> This is becoming really annoying. Aparently, clamdsmtp will not
>> create its own clamsmtpd.pid file.
>
>Name does not matter, but '/var/run/clamav/' should be owned by
>'clamsmtp' owner. Also 'clamd.conf' should be edited. The socket must
>be the same in both configuration files.
>
># Path to a local socket file the daemon will listen on.
># Default: disabled (must be specified by a user)
>LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock
>
>All 3 programs should run under the same username:
>
>  PID USERNAME   THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE  C   TIME   WCPU
> COMMAND
>56863 clamav       3  45    0   236M 28292K ucond  0   0:03  0.98%
>clamd 21484 clamav       1   4    0 15704K   984K accept 1   1:44
>0.00% clamsmtpd 56894 clamav       1  20    0 19188K   636K pause  1
>0:39  0.00% freshclam
>
>Works fine. I can send all my conf files, if needed. Probably not a
>very good idea to copy/paste these into this list. My clamd works fine
>for some time already. This very e-mail goes through my clamd...

OK, when I reboot, clamsmtpd will install it's 'PID' file in
the /var/run/clamav directory. There are no errors shown. Postfix then
immediately starts.

Now, when I receive a message, the maillog has an error message:

clamsmtpd: 100007: CLAMAV: couldn't connect to : /var/run/clamav/clamd:
No such file or directory.

Now, the file and directory do exist. If I stop or restart clamsmtpd,
that error message about "clamsmtpd: invalid OutAddress socket or ip:"
reappears.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

How come only your friends step on your new white sneakers?