upgrade almost done on ns1.thought.org

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Jun 14 18:42:02 UTC 2009

	well, guys, i just pulled the trigger and install kernel and
	world.  upon reboot most things worked.  i'm having trouble with
	the ntp stuff and need help there.

	who can tell me what idiot thing is wrong with my ntp.conf file:

drwx------  2 root  wheel       512 Dec 24  2007 ntp
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel       157 Jan 19  2008 ntp.conf

	the ntp directory is/has been empty.  in ntp.conf i thought this
	was correct, but upon reboot, i get sudden errors (with 7.2)

sage# cat ntp.conf
server 0.us.pool.ntp.org
server 1.us.pool.ntp.org
server 2.us.pool.htp.org
driftfile /var/db/ntp.drift
restrict 10.47.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 nomodify notrap

	anybody?

	gary

	ps: i'm having similar problems on 'tao.thought.org' where i live
	90% of the time, so a fix on my server might fix my desktop
	freebsd....

       For FBSD list: http://transfinite.thought.org/slicejourney.php
    The 4.98a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php