Control-Z the Sleep Signal

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Jun 9 21:30:44 UTC 2009

Which signal is sent to a process when one types ^z or
Control-z? It appears to be SIGSTOP and according to signal's
man page, this is one signal you can't catch.

	I have an application with a signal handler I wrote and
I am trying to discourage folks typing CTRL-Z if it hangs
because that does make it seem to go away but it is really still
hanging around and any lock files it created are not removed.
The effect is about as bad as if it crashed and left lock files.
Normally, CTRL-c makes it remove the locks before exiting.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer