Problem with burncd

Tim Judd tajudd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:13:09 UTC 2009

On 6/9/09, Carmel <Carmel_NY at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I just installed FreeBSD-7.2. I attempted to burn a CD; however,
> when the burn completes, I receive this message:
>
> burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCFIXATE); Input/output error.
>
> This is the command line:
>
> # burncd -ev -s max fixate data notes.txt
>
> Now, if I do not use the 'fixate' command, no error message is
> displayed; however, the CD is not readable. I have no idea what the
> problem is. I have used brand new CD disks that work fine on my Windows
> PCs.
>
> Is there a better CD-Burner program that I could use instead?
>
> --
> Carmel

do you get the contents of notes.txt when you cat /dev/acd0

You may get some more header info of the CD before the notes.txt is displayed.

All you told it to do is to burn, verbatim the file notes.txt without
any filesystem onto the CD.

All CD/CDFS drivers, op systems, etc use a filesystem on the CD.  So
the file may be there, but not in a filesystem.

mkisofs creates the ISO/CDFS filesystem, to various "ISO standards" so
you can burn it on CD.