General and specific make questions

Don Read don_read at att.net
Tue Jun 9 21:09:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:31:42 +0200 (CEST) Wojciech Puchar said:

> >> Correct. I do the same here.
> >
> > I also do use make to produce LaTeX documents. I even `published' my
> > collection of makefiles at https://gna.org/projects/bsdmakepscripts/
>
> make is universal too, as many other unix tools. for example i use make
> and cpp (C preprocessor) for making HTML pages :)

Yep.
On the old DG/SCO (spit) box I used to admin; I used a makefile to
generate the Sales, Inventory, AR, AP, etc. reports every day.

if SGDSR.SP out of date or missing? then run script to spool it to disk.
if ARAGE.SP out of date or missing? then run script ...

etc. ...

Don Read                                        don_read at att.net
     It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you are going to
     steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.