Problem with burncd

Carmel Carmel_NY at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 20:31:21 UTC 2009

I just installed FreeBSD-7.2. I attempted to burn a CD; however,
when the burn completes, I receive this message:

burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCFIXATE); Input/output error.

This is the command line:

# burncd -ev -s max fixate data notes.txt

Now, if I do not use the 'fixate' command, no error message is
displayed; however, the CD is not readable. I have no idea what the
problem is. I have used brand new CD disks that work fine on my Windows
PCs.

Is there a better CD-Burner program that I could use instead?

--
Carmel