OT - help w configure, make, etc.

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 9 16:58:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 10:38:23AM -0500, Gary Gatten wrote:

> Anyway, I can't get past this error and the app developers/users aren't
> offering "timely" help, so if anyone here is interested in debugging a
> configure script and helping me get this (nTop 3.3.10) compiled would be
> GREATLY appreciated!  I'll contact you offlist off course!

Do you know that ntop 3.3.8 is available in ports as /usr/ports/net/ntop?
Maybe you can use that? If you really need 3.3.10, try making a copy of
the  net/ntop directory, change the Makefile and distfile to refer to
3.3.10 and see if it compiles.

Note that the /usr/ports/net/ntop/files directory contains some patches
that are applied to the extracted source code to make it work. Maybe you
can borrow/adapt those if you really want to compile 3.3.10 yourself.

Roland