PDF inventory software

Daniel Underwood djuatdelta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 21:17:30 UTC 2009

I'm looking for a way to manage my personal collection of research
articles.  Ideally I'd like some way to keep records on authors,
keywords, journals, and publication years of articles (PDF files)
downloaded onto my local drive.

 In the course of reading literature for research, it often happens
that I find myself wanted to return to something I have previously
read, but I only recall a few "things" about the article, often the
author and a keyword.  Is there some inventory/database software (for
local use only) that can be easily used for this purpose?  (The
closest things that comes to mind (conceptually) is "image collection"
software.)

What are some of my options here?

Thanks,
Daniel