Which nVidea driver to install

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Mon Jun 8 10:16:34 UTC 2009

On Monday 08 June 2009, Michael Powell wrote:

> As to which of the ports you need - the regular nvidia-driver and not
> either of the 'legacy' versions should probably be used

I found that I had to use the legacy nvidia-driver-96 port to get my
GeForce 6150 to function, as described in my post a couple of days ago
in the "Driver for nVidia Geforce 6150LE" thread
<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2009-June/200251.html>.
I don't know if the problem will apply to other 6150 based systems or
if it's just unique to my particular setup.

--
Mike Clarke