issue with dhcp and dns

Dave dave.mehler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 21:42:26 UTC 2009

Hello,
	I'm trying to get dhcp and dns going ddns on FreeBSD 7.2. In my
dhcpd.leases file i see the forward and reverse information given on the
lease. A host fqdn and a host IP address both return correct dns information
on this host. My issue is if i check the forward and reverse zone files i do
not see records for the new host. I do see two .jnl files. In
/var/log/messages i do see the error about the working directory not being
writable, other than that that is it, named indicates it is running. I'm
wondering if it takes a while to update the records?
Thanks.
Dave.