enclose code and testfile.

Karl Vogel vogelke+unix at pobox.com
Sun Jun 7 20:55:02 UTC 2009

>> On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 18:22:00 -0700,
>> Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> said:

G> I'm encloseing a brief C program that skips over php delimiters and a
G> 74-byte test file.  Am wondering if there is a better way.

   #!/usr/bin/perl -w
   # skip PHP stuff in a file

   use strict;
   my ($prev, $match);

   # slurp up the entire file.
   undef $/;
   $_ = <>;

   while (s/
             (.*?)         # get text that doesn't include delimiters...
             (<\?.*?\?>)   # ... plus text in ONE set of delimiters...
             //xsm)        # ... matching across multiple lines
   {
       $prev = $1;         # text before <?
       $match = $2;        # text inside <?...?>
       print "$prev";
   }

   print "$_\n";           # whatever's left over.
   exit(0);

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

Programming is like sex:  one mistake and you have to
support for a lifetime.                                 --unknown