Driver for nVidia Geforce 6150LE

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Sat Jun 6 14:00:52 UTC 2009

On Saturday 06 June 2009, Jerry wrote:

> I did notice a driver on the nVidia page for FreeBSD x86, version #
> 185.18.14, released June 5, 2009; however, the version is the ports
> is: 180.44, which has actually been superseded four times since its
> release by nVidia.
>
> Would the x86 driver work in 64 bit FreeBSD or do I have to install
> the x86 version instead?

No, in the absence of a 64 bit driver from Nvidia you'd need to use the
nv driver included in the xorg-drivers port. I had quite a struggle to
get the nv driver to give me a 1280x1024 display.

I'm running the i386 version of FreeBSD on a Foxconn 6150M2MA
motherboard and couldn't get the GeForce 6150 to work with the 180.44
driver but it works fine with the x11/nvidia-driver-96 port which I use
in preference to the nv driver.

The lack of a 64bit Nvidia driver was one of the reasons I installed the
i386 version of FreeBSD on this 64bit platform.

--
Mike Clarke