Open_Source

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Fri Jun 5 18:20:41 UTC 2009

> Slight tangent, and you may have mentioned it before: What window manager
> do you use?

fvwm2, BUT not because i like it's tools and widgets, but because all of
them can be easily turned off :)

My configuration strips everything possible including window titles and
borders, window moving and resizing are done with mouse+keyboard
combinations, menu shows on keypress and i use it's "virtual desktop"
function to switch between 24 of them using ALT-F* and CTRL-F*. ALT-X
start xterm full screen so xterm "window" looks like text console, with
the exception that i can run X program directly.

I can post my config if you wish, it's <1700 bytes.

>> Unfortunately there are no well done WWW browsers for unix in the world.
>> links -g is an exceptions, but in the same time it's quite limited.
>> But have best fonts :)
>
> The links browser's interface is crap, as is that of every other text

why?

> console based browser I've ever encountered.  Moving around within a

moving works well.