phidgets for FreeBSD?

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Fri Jun 5 15:25:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:07:53 +0300 Ghirai <ghirai at ghirai.com> wrote:
 > Is there any (native) FreeBSD supoprt for Phidgets
 > (http://www.phidgets.com?
 >
 > Someone seems to have attempted (and succeeded) to run things on 7.0,
 > some time ago, but there doesn't seem to be any further info
 > (http://www.phidgets.com/phorum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=507).
 >
 > Any ideas?

No, but colour me interested too.  Thanks for the pointer.

Copying this to Brooks, who started that thread in 2005 with a patch for
phidgets 2.0, which left me wondering if anything has become of that in
the 2.1 linux sources, which I'm just grabbing.

I'm generally interested in whether linux applications using libusb are
more likely than not to work on FreeBSD, operational differences between
libusb on FreeBSD and linux, and whether our new USB stack has changed
anything in that equation at all?

Also wondering if http://www.totalphase.com/products/aardvark_i2cspi/
linux software might be expected to work 'well enough' on FreeBSD 7?

 > Thanks.
 > --
 > Ghirai.

cheers, Ian