ISP questions

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Thu Jun 4 19:54:48 UTC 2009

> These responses don't surprise me. I'm actually impressed your rep knew
> the numbers for the up/down bandwidth, even though their metric was

It's just "marketing bandwidth" as most clients don't understand what it
mean anyway, but just expect higher value that others for the same price.

It's at most - top limit. Actually - such speed are never achievable
unless you use it at 3:00 am. Sometimes never at all.

Like local cable TV, they have 6 possible prices for internet access,
called from 256kbps/64kbps to 10Mbps/2Mbps, actually you rarely see any
difference and it's closest to lowest offer.

But people like to hear this so they hear, and at least here marketing
people know perfectly what to answer about "internet speed" as they call
it :)