Date representation as YY/DDD or YYYY/DDD

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Thu Jun 4 17:47:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 05:20:24PM +0100, Chris Rees wrote:

> Er, yeah, i think man pages are the best solution too, and I apologise
> for appearing to look down on them. I can't *stand* info manuals,
> they're clunky and bloated.
>
> Chris
>
> PS Does _anyone_ prefer info manuals, apart from Stallman?

Well, man pages are good at formally documenting the how of use, but
they often are not so helpful on the why and wherefor of use.
Sometimes info manuals add a little for that.   But, that is more
of a content issue than a form issue.   Man pages could easily
be more forthcoming on the why and wherefor concepts.

////jerry