Date representation as YY/DDD or YYYY/DDD

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jun 3 23:01:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:00:45 -0500, Kirk Strauser <kirk at strauser.com> wrote:
> Well, I see the point of documenting it in one canonical location, and
> pointing everything else at that location (instead of having to maintain every
> related man page every time it's updated).

I really shoud have paid more attention to strftime manual,
allthough I noticed it in the text of "man date", saying:

     The format string may contain any of the conversion specifications
     described in the strftime(3) manual page, as well as any arbitrary text.

And it was mentioned in SEE ALSO". This is how I got from
"man date" to "man strftime" where I should have recognized
the correct answer.

Life is hard if you can't read properly. :-)

PS. I love FreeBSD for its excellent documentation. Can't tell
    something similar about Linux, sadly.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany