Open_Source

Gary Gatten Ggatten at waddell.com
Wed Jun 3 18:47:32 UTC 2009

Isn't there an "OpenVMS" somewhere?  Is it true OSS?

Also, how many people actually review source code AND have the skills to
find security related issues?  Seems mostly "black hats" would be
interested in this as they have ulterior motives whereas "typical" users
just want to use the software for what it was intended for.

I like "Open" for all the reasons most people do, but not convinced
having access to source to review for security holes is a major
"feature".  I like source to fix things and add features /
functionality!  Not that I can do it, but I can pay someone to WAY
faster than getting M$ or others fix anything!