Flamewar ( was: Sponsoring FreeBSD)

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Tue Jun 2 22:35:06 UTC 2009

> Any person might look at people in the community and decide that they
> don't want to be a part of that community after all.  That's why it

Just reread this and, ... don't you think it's quite like a good filter?

I don't talk about sponsors, but a new potential users.

If someone needs good unix, he/she will try it and join us. As i said
before if he/she agrees with maillist users personal opinions doesn't
matter at all. Rather if you can get answer to questions about FreeBSD.
You can, even easier if some moderation would be present here.

If someone needs to "feel good", "feel the spirit" instead of good
software etc... Let's better use Ubuntu or whatever.

Some people may want both, but well you can't have everything. It's not
possible to everyone will agree with everyone on mailing list, and with
every potential new user.

This keeps the system's quality high.