Open_Source

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Tue Jun 2 15:59:58 UTC 2009

> I believe people can get more experience in general with open source
> technologies than they can with closed source.  The reason is simple:
> I can look at the code.  I can study it.  I can see what
> ${APPLICATION} is doing, and how the developer designed it.  This, in
> itself, makes me better at what I do, and better at troubleshooting my
> own code.

I would add - with Open Source add it's far smaller (actually close to
zero) probability that it doesn't do anything except it's supposed to do.

I mean things like sending private data to someone else, scanning for
other programs i have on disk, my addressbook etc.

If anyone would do this, soon someone else would see it because source
code is available for everybody.