Windows 2008 + AD + PF + bridge = problems?

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Fri Jul 31 19:26:40 UTC 2009

> Has anyone used Windows 2008 and active directory with a bridging,
> NATing
> firewall between the domain controller and the 2008 machine?
> We're in a situation where we're trying to join a domain with a 2008
> machine, and no matter what we do to the firewall, joining stalls
> and fails.

Haven't used the combination myself, but in couple of cases MS
developer/beta evaluation staff has been quite helpful when Vista beta
got all kind of funnies when trying to connect to internet via PF. So
giving MS the information of the problems in traffic might (in case
you want to help MS to troubleshoot Win2008...) help some.

Another idea could be giving 7.x a shot as it has newer version of PF
IIRC.

-Reko