7.2 RELEASE ? Buggy as hell

Julien Cigar jcigar at ulb.ac.be
Thu Jul 30 20:43:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 15:32 -0400, PJ wrote:
> I have (supposedly, as I am told by my bootup) upgraded to 7.2
> Wonderful. But how do i make this thing work. I've managed to do it on
> an amd64 on an ACER Travelmate 4400 running at 1600mhz.
> This box runs on 3ghz; Xorg comes up and the mouse is dead. Flashplayer9

This is probably due to a buggy bios, try to disable "USB legacy
support", it should fix the problem (at least on mine)

> with linux-emulator f8 and all the tweaks does not work, acroread9 does
> not either,

Flash or Acroread have nothing to do with FreeBSD. Emulation is always
something "hazardous", it might work, it might not.

> hal is useless. I've tried turning off the option AllowEmptyInput to

define "useless" ? It works like a charm here. Did you read the FAQ on
freebsd.org/gnome ?

--
Julien Cigar
Belgian Biodiversity Platform