mutt with muttprofile and GnuPG-Support

Frank Steinborn steinex at nognu.de
Thu Jul 30 14:10:23 UTC 2009

Christian Grube wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering, why there is no IMAP/SMTP-Support in mutt
> or mutt-devel. I have had mutt-ng and muttprofile on my debianbox
> and it works like a charm.
> Is there a small hint for me to provide the same functionality under
> FreeBSD 8?
> Greetings Chris

For IMAP you don't have to set an extra knob, however, you definitely
want IMAP header caching (WITH_MUTT_IMAP_HEADER_CACHE). For SMTP, you
need to set WITH_MUTT_SMTP. GPG doesn't need an extra knob too.

So to install with the above options set, use in mail/mutt-devel:
make -DWITH_MUTT_IMAP_HEADER_CACHE -DWITH_MUTT_SMTP install clean

See /usr/ports/mail/mutt-devel/Makefile for more options you can set.

BTW, i think the "stable" Mutt does not support IMAP at all, you'd
have to use an extra fetchmail or whatever. However, virtually
everyone wants to use mutt-devel anyway.

HTH,
Frank