mutt with muttprofile and GnuPG-Support

Randall Wood zafiro17 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:14:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:53:47 -0500, "Doug Poland" <doug at polands.org>
said:

> On Tue, July 28, 2009 11:49, Christian Grube wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering, why there is no IMAP/SMTP-Support in mutt
> > or mutt-devel. I have had mutt-ng and muttprofile on my debianbox
> > and it works like a charm.
> >
> > Is there a small hint for me to provide the same functionality under
> > FreeBSD 8?
> >
> I've been using mutt-devel for years with IAMP support.  A quick look
> at the Makefile leads me to believe IMAP support is built in and not a
> configurable knob.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Doug

IMAP support is AT LEAST in mutt-devel and probably in mutt as well, and
has been since the 1.3 days (2003 or so).  As for SMTP support, that
appeared around 1.5.17 I think (about a year ago); you might have to use
mutt-devel for it.  That said, I find mutt-devel to be as stable as I
could hope for and never seem to have any problems with it, unlike some
devel packages that can be flaky.  I think if you type mutt -v at the
prompt, it will show you which options were compiled in.