mysql50-server root login

Tim Judd tajudd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 02:21:05 UTC 2009

After running mysql_install_db, the mysql files are owned by
root:wheel instead of mysql:mysql

I've noticed that is a missing step in the docs.
# mysql_install_db
# chown -R mysql:mysql /var/db/mysql
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql start

How it sticks long enough until reboot sounds like a memory cache,
which is flushed of course at reboot.

--TJ