What order are options in rc.conf processed?

Peter Steele psteele at webmail.maxiscale.com
Mon Jul 27 22:05:48 UTC 2009

Well, if I understand what you mean, then yes, our app requires
networking. But it has two logic paths: If it sees the system has an IP
assigned it goes into one mode and if it does not have an IP assigned it
goes into another mode. In the case we've encountered the app takes the
"no IP assigned" path, even though we have an IP defined in rc.conf.
We're trying to understand how this could happen and are wondering how
the options in rc.conf are processed.