ipf rules question

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Jul 27 21:41:01 UTC 2009

On Jul 27, 2009, at 2:27 PM, Jay Hall wrote:
[ ... ]
> If I am looking at everything correctly all traffic coming into the
> system from the 82.0.0.0/8 network to port 25 on the mail server
> should be blocked.
>
> What am I missing?

Maybe they are connecting to the MSP aka 587/tcp rather than port 25?
It's hard to tell from your message which mailserver lines are from
machines under your control; try editting the mail headers a little
less and we might be able to do better.

Otherwise, maybe your firewall rules are not working, are applied to
the wrong network interface, etc.

Regards,
--
-Chuck