7.2 amd64 Flash

PJ af.gourmet at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 26 21:52:11 UTC 2009

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> PJ <af.gourmet at videotron.ca> writes:
>

>> I already had f8 installed as well as fc-4
>>

> That's wrong. Two linux_base ports should not be installed
> at a system. Please, read /usr/ports/UPDATING on instructions
> whow to recover (i.e. do a clean install). I'd recommend
> deletting /compat/linux/* after you remove all linux
> ports/packages.

Hi again, guys,
 Now that my 7.2 on Acer Travelmate 4400 amd64 is working fine, what do
I have to do to make it work on 7.1?
I've followed all the instructions pretty well but neither flash9 or 10
want to work on my i386 Fbsd 7.1 box want to work.
I uninstalled the fc4 and installed the f8, then followed all the
instructions...
I had a small glitch before installing the f8 emulator... I had done a
type in the fstab and mount /usr/compat/linux/proc could not be
mounted... well, I continued anyway and reinstalled all corrected the
fstab entry and reinstalled again... still no go.
Should I uninstall the f8 and clean out the compat/linux/proc files and
the reinstall f8?
Or are the other solutions?
I have moonlight and moonshine installed... could there be a conflict there?
I have also made the necessary ln to the .so file.. forgot which...
Thanks again...
Phil

--
Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."
Phil Jourdan --- pj at ptahhotep.com
   http://www.ptahhotep.com
   http://www.chiccantine.com/andypantry.php